Dr. Lawrence Bagnell is a constant source of information to all members of his practice and the community.
For more information on our most frequently asked questions, please click on the topic below.
What should I expect on my first visit?
- What should I bring to my first visit?
- Why have I never heard of vertebral subluxations before?
- How do you get vertebral subluxations?
- How can vertebral subluxations be corrected?
- How can I tell if I have vertebral subluxations?
- Is chiropractic care safe for pregnant women?
- What are my health insurance options?
- Are chiropractic treatments safe for children?
Your First Visit
Right now is a great time to call 215.504.2711 or email firstname.lastname@example.org to schedule your first appointment!
You will be asked a complete and comprehensive health history, including past health problems, diet, exercise, occupation, and other information of importance. Since patterns of spinal misalignment tend to run in families, you may be asked questions about your family that will help the doctor with your particular case.
Examination may include palpation (examination by touch) of your spinal column, x-rays, range of motion, muscle testing, and specific chiropractic tests.
The care you receive will be specifically designed for you based on your history of traumas, your age, and your degree and levels of subluxations as revealed through your examination and x-ray findings. Your progress under chiropractic care will be carefully monitored and your care plan will be modified to meet your changing conditions. Our goal is to return you to optimal health through natural chiropractic care.
- If you had any diagnostic testing, such as x-rays, MRIs or lab testing within the past 3-6 months, bring them along with any reports that you may have received, whether paper or CD. We will make copies and return them to you.
- Please bring your insurance ID card and information so that we can determine if your particular plan will contribute to your chiropractic care. Additionally, if you know in advance that your insurance requires a referral from your primary care physician, please obtain one prior to your initial visit.
- Be prepared to discuss the following: when the problem started, how it started, how long you have had the problem, what makes it better or worse, your history of injuries and traumas, any other information you believe is relevant.
Vertebral subluxations have not received the press that AIDS, cancer, cholesterol or heart disease have but, vertebral subluxations are just as important and are often the underlying cause of a wide variety of health problems. Vertebral subluxations are misaligned bones in the spine causing or putting pressure on the spinal cord or spinal nerves which can lead malfunction within the body. You may not know that you have a vertebral subluxation until a symptom appears. Only a doctor of Chiropractic is trained to detect and correct vertebral (misalignments) subluxations.
- Emotional, chemical & physical stress
- Auto accidents
- Poor posture
- Poor sleeping habits
- Improper computer workstation setup
- Birth process
- Repetitive strains (lifting, bending, driving, etc.)
- Slips and falls
The primary form of care to reduce misaligned bones (vertebral subluxations) is a schedule of specific chiropractic adjustments. By applying a specific and precise force, in the right direction and at the right time, over time, changes in the position and motion of spinal bones can be achieved. Every patient’s correction program is specified to help correct their problem.
You can have vertebral subluxations and not even know it. Like the early stages of tooth decay or cancer, vertebral subluxations can be present before warning signs appear. The results of a thorough examination can show the location and severity of any vertebral subluxations you may have.
Most health insurance covers chiropractic care to some degree. The coverage you have depends upon your particular plan and insurance carrier. We will be happy to verify your coverage to determine if your insurance carrier will contribute to your chiropractic care. Please call 215.504.2711 to have someone in our practice assist you in verifying your benefits.
Please keep in mind that chiropractic coverage varies from plan to plan.
We are providers for most insurance companies.
IBX – Independence Blue Cross
BCBS – Blue Cross and Blue Shield
All auto policies and many more
If you currently don’t have insurance check out our Wellness Club option.